In order to provide your band's details to promoters, you will be asked to assign a role for each bandmate in the 'Members & Support' section of your EPK. When adding a band member, you will be asked to enter what 'Role in the band' for each band member. Here's a brief description for each role:
Visible on Profile:
- Vocalist: Singer of the group providing a narrative.
- Backup Vocalist: Singer that provides harmonic backup to your main vocalist.
- Guitarist: Catch-all category for all guitars, banjos, ukuleles, and similar instrumentals. (Electric or Acoustic)
- Bassist: Traditional upright or electric, bassists helps keep the rhythmic pulse of the band.
- Strings: These are your wind wood instruments. (violinists, violists, cellists, etc.)
- Drummer: The percussion element of the band. (set, ride/crash cymbal, tom-toms, hi-hats. etc)
- Percussionist: These include instrumentals outside the drummer providing timbre and dynamics for instruments like the xylophone, vibraphone, washboard or the all-important cowbell
- Brass: Your trumpeters, trombonists or tuba.
- Wind: Your flutists, clarinets, oboists, bassoonists or playing traditional wind instruments.
- Synths: These are you sound synthesizer players.
- Pianist: Members who tickle the ivory keys of grand pianos or baby grands.
- Keyboardist: These may be traditional pianists or harpsichord, electric pianos, and organs.
- MC: Master of Ceremonies, providing introductions or rapping out a message to the beat.
- DJ: Spinning records or mixing sounds, this is the member who takes other musical elements that require hardware and/or software.
- Producer: The musical vision of the group creating quality content through means of hardware or software.
Only Appear on Gig Submissions:
- Agent: Individual, group or business(es) who manages the business affairs of the group.
- Manager: The person, group or business(es) who organizes the group on the road, attending to their needs.
- Tour Manager: The person, group or business(es) who actively recruit and manage the band's touring calendar.
We admit we cannot provide a list of all musical roles, but we think we have a broad range covered. We welcome suggestions and ask you to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for future feature requests.