Each band member you enter to your EPK, a role will be required to assign them as part of your band, whether that be an integral part or a supporting role. Your 'Members & Support' section will have the option to 'Add band member'. Here's a brief description for each role:
Visible on Profile:
- Vocalist: Singer of the group providing a narrative.
- Backup Vocalist: Singer that provides harmonic backup to your main vocalist.
- Guitarist: Catch-all category for all guitars, banjos, ukuleles, and similar instrumentals. (Electric or Acoustic)
- Bassist: Traditional upright or electric, bassists helps keep the rhythmic pulse of the band.
- Strings: These are your wind wood instruments. (violinists, violists, cellists, etc.)
- Drummer: The percussion element of the band. (set, ride/crash cymbal, tom-toms, hi-hats. etc)
- Percussionist: These include instrumentals outside the drummer providing timbre and dynamics for instruments like the xylophone, vibraphone, washboard or the all-important cowbell
- Brass: Your trumpeters, trombonists or tuba.
- Wind: Your flutists, clarinets, oboists, bassoonists or playing traditional wind instruments.
- Synths: These are your sound synthesizer players.
- Pianist: Members who tickle the ivory keys of grand pianos or baby grands.
- Keyboardist: These may be traditional pianists or harpsichord, electric pianos, and organs.
- MC: Master of Ceremonies, providing introductions or rapping out a message to the beat.
- DJ: Spinning records or mixing sounds, this is the member who takes other musical elements that require hardware and/or software.
- Producer: The musical vision of the group creating quality content through means of hardware or software.
Only Appear on Gig Submissions:
- Agent: Individual, group or business(es) who manages the business affairs of the group.
- Manager: The person, group or business(es) who organizes the group on the road, attending to their needs.
- Tour Manager: The person, group or business(es) who actively recruit and manage the band's touring calendar.
We welcome suggestions and ask you to please contact email@example.com for future feature requests.
Add a Band Member
You can list all your band members and other supporting roles in the 'Members & Support' section of your EPK. If band members do not have an existing account on Sonicbids, here's how to enter them to your band manually:
1. Log-in Sonicbids.com and press Update EPK from your Dashboard.
2. On your left-hand side, click Members & Support.
3. Press Add band member.
4. Enter their full name and press Manually add the band member at the bottom of the search results.
5. Your band members will now be shown on your EPK page under 'Band Members'.
Remove Band Members
1. If for any reason, band members are replaced or no longer with your band, you may press the gear icon next to their name to remove them from your EPK.