Roles signify the function of each band member or instrument(s) of choice and will be displayed on your EPK profile. Below is a brief description of each role:
- Vocalist: Singer of the group providing a narrative.
- Backup Vocalist: Singer that provides harmonic backup to your main vocalist.
- Guitarist: Catch-all category for all guitars, banjos, ukuleles, and similar instrumentals. (Electric or Acoustic)
- Bassist: Traditional upright or electric, bassists helps keep the rhythmic pulse of the band.
- Strings: These are your wind wood instruments. (violinists, violists, cellists, etc.)
- Drummer: The percussion element of the band. (set, ride/crash cymbal, tom-toms, hi-hats. etc)
- Percussionist: These include instrumentals outside the drummer providing timbre and dynamics for instruments like the xylophone, vibraphone, washboard or the all-important cowbell
- Brass: Your trumpeters, trombonists or tuba.
- Wind: Your flutists, clarinets, oboists, bassoonists or playing traditional wind instruments.
- Synths: These are your sound synthesizer players.
- Pianist: Members who tickle the ivory keys of grand pianos or baby grands.
- Keyboardist: These may be traditional pianists or harpsichord, electric pianos, and organs.
- MC: Master of Ceremonies, providing introductions or rapping out a message to the beat.
- DJ: Spinning records or mixing sounds, this is the member who takes other musical elements that require hardware and/or software.
- Producer: The musical vision of the group creating quality content through means of hardware or software.
- Agent: Individual, group or business(es) who manages the business affairs of the group.
- Manager: The person, group or business(es) who organizes the group on the road, attending to their needs.
- Tour Manager: The person, group or business(es) who actively recruit and manage the band's touring calendar. (Supporting roles will only appear on gig submissions.)
Add a Band Member
Add band members or choose from supporting roles like a manager or agent from the Members & Support section of your EPK. If your band members do not have an existing profile on Sonicbids, here's how to enter them in manually:
1. Log-in Sonicbids.com and press Update EPK from your Dashboard.
2. On your left-hand side, click Members & Support.
3. Press Add band member.
4. Enter their full name and press Manually add the band member at the bottom of the search results.
5. Enter their full name or nickname under Alias (optional) and email address. Enter all fields indicated below and press Add once you're done.
6. Your band members will now be displayed on your EPK under Band Members.
Remove Band Members
1. If for any reason, members of your team are replaced or no longer with you, press the gear icon next to their name to remove them from your EPK public page.